Dálkke: Indigenous Climate Change Studies
Dálkke means ”weather” in Lule Sámi. The project Dálkke: Indigenous Climate Change Studies is financed by FORMAS within the Swedish National research program on climate. ]Within the project we work for the establishment of the research field Indigenous Climate Change Studies, in Sweden and on an international level.
Based within Indigenous- and gender perspectives, Indigenous methodologies/theories and racism studies, and within a cross-disciplinary research environment with humanities, sciences, technology, social sciences, under the lead of researchers who themselves are Indigenous, we perform our research and also develop technological, social and socio-technical innovations and solutions in regard to the challenges related to climate change and fossil fuel dependencies.
The geographical focus is on Sábme – Sámi territories – on the Swedish side. Comparisons and collaborations are made over the nation states that are crisscrossing Sámi territories as well as other Indigenous peoples’ territories.
- "Viking DNA and the pitfalls of genetic ancestry tests” - The Conversation - Daniel Strand, CEMFOR and Anna Källén, Stockholm´s University
- Publication: “The new extreme right” - Per Erik Nilsson, CEMFOR
- Ny publikation! Uncivility, racism and populism: Discourses and interactive practices in anti- & post- democratic communication
- CEMFOR introduces digital City Walks on The History of Racism in Uppsala
- I am a Viking! DNA, popular culture and the construction of geneticized identity - Daniel Strand CEMFOR
Contemporary anti-Jewish racism and constructions of ‘Swedishness’ – an approach to the study of antisemitism from the field of Critical Race Studies
Book Release: Svartskalle – en svensk historia
Guest Lecture: The Diversity Mandate in US Biomedical Research: Precision, Inclusion, and Equity
George Montandon, the Ainu and the Theory of Hologenesis
City Walks on The History of Racism in Uppsala
Links to social media
"The Talvivaara Mine - Water consequences"
Researchers in the project
A video from the early period of the innovation project